People like to treat life as a long journey. We walk on our different ways, leading to the destination in our own mind. Some people think we walk on this long way with a mission to search for something, which is the meaning of our life. It may leave in some places where you can see, like billions of money, high social status, some great achievements. However, for me, the meaning of life is just the way I living.
There is a saying that, happiness is just the process that you searching for it. In my opinion, life is also like this: the most significant thing in life is not which you achieve at the end, but every moment you get from it; the meaning of life is not something we can measure simply, but during the process, every time we feeling, we moved by, we understanding, we learning from and we appreciating those beautiful things around us.
I appreciated every afternoon that I can enjoy the beautiful sunshine with my favorite book in hand; I learned from every fantastic people who appeared in my life; I understood the importance to help others; I was moved by the love reflected simply hand in hand; I tried to feel every shining moment, even it is just a tiny point, but if we link them all, that will be the track of our life—that will be the meaning of our life.
Therefore, the meaning of my life is not an easy word for me—it means a lot, a lot.
Nevertheless, I am not hurry to dig it out, because I am still on my way, and the meaning of my life is still noted as: to be continued…
1/27/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Most of the time, people are often too busy to appreciate simple moment in their life. Happiness which seems so simple can be so elusive. To me, happiness is more about doing something I really enjoy, something challenging( but definitely not homework!), and something fun. Perhaps I should stop writing here and go for a game of basketball.
On the contrary to Jason's idea, I believe that although enjoying the process is significant, getting a desired result is also crucial. A hundred percent effort with zero percent return can be very demoralizing. Personally, I felt that both process and result are of equal importance.
Nevertheless, life is truly a long journey in pursue of individual's goal. Regardless of the path we take, we should put our very best in achieving our goals. Life is short, do not live in regret.
I feel that the process is more important than the result. What is more important is the learning experience that we get during the process. Learning from failure and mistakes is something that we all should acquire so that we can go far in life. However, do not be scared of failure, continue to strive and we will achieve our goals.=)
From your English writing, I can know that your Chinese writing must be very good. So poetic!
I also feel that process is more important than result in most of the events in our life.
However, there are also some events that results and process are equally important. For example, our exams! Hahaha
Therefore, just try our best to enjoy every moment in our life. Learn from the process and try the best to attain the ultimate goal !
We live 80 years, not only the last second or the few "significant" seconds in life. The process is definitely something to be treasured. It's not so hard to achieve in this result-orientated world. When we live the process to the fullest, the result is usually good. And if we focus more on the process and less on the result, life is easier. Nice, isn't it?
i can not agree more!!! the most precious in our life is not the goal we have achieved or will achieve, but the enjoyment during the process.
Process is very important, but the result is also important for us. Nobody wants to waste time to do meaningless things. We can learn a lot from the process, we also need the reward to encourage ourselves to continue to make our effort.
Post a Comment